The Centre of Excellence for Hernia Repair
The global leader in external abdominal wall hernia surgery for over 65 years
What Experts Say About Shouldice
Shouldice Hospital has the best surgical recordHulda Clark, Ph.D., N.D.
Author: "The Cure for all Diseases"
Mesh Method vs. The Shouldice Method
|Mesh (Wall Street Journal)||Shouldice|
Harvard Business School: Shouldice Case Study
Shouldice Hospital’s specialized focus on hernia repair was showcased as a model of business excellence in a case study written by Harvard professor, James Heskett. For several decades, professors at the Harvard Business School have been teaching the merits of business specialization to their MBA and EMBA students. Harvard developed the concept of the "Focused Factory" to describe businesses that perfect one, clearly defined process and pursue it to the point of excellence. This concept, based on the Shouldice Hospital model, is so well regarded that over 500 of the world’s leading business schools have included it in their own MBA programs.
Other publications featuring Shouldice Hospital:
- Market-driven Health Care by Regina Herzlinger (Harvard Business School)
- Consumer-driven Health Care by Regina Herzlinger (Harvard Business School)
- The Service Profit Chain by James L. Heskett, W. Earl Sasser and Leonard A. Schlesinger (Harvard Business School)
- Creating customer evangelists (Ben McDonnell/Jackie Huba)
- Production and operations management(Martin K Starr)
- Service management(James A. Fitzsimmons)
- Services marketing (Zeithaml,Bitner,GIcmlet,Mahaffey,Hiltz)
- Creating new health care ventures (Regina Herzlinger)
- Complications, a surgeons note on an imperfect science (Atul Gawande)
- A cure for all diseases (Hulda Clark)
- New Yorker Magazine, “No Mistake” (Atul Gawande)
- Services Marketing - People, Technology, Strategy 7th Edition by Christopher Lovelock (Yale University) and Jochen Wirtz (National University of Singapore)
Order the Harvard Business School case study and related books directly from Harvard's book store